missing close box in 5.0.3

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

skippy

missing close box in 5.0.3

Post by skippy »

Installed 5.0.3 and set the view for a tabbed display to select the different documents. But don't see close (x) box in the upper right hand corner for closing the active document. Only the main windows close box is visible.
Suggestions?
I'm running Windows XP - service pack 2
Skippy
dwilliamson

Post by dwilliamson »

Hi Skippy

I've got the same problem as you. There's a thread called "Close Documents - Cannot hit X" that has a possible solution.
skippy

no X button or config file

Post by skippy »

Thanks for replying, dwilliamson. But I can't even FIND a config file. I installed it in a non-default directory and don't know if that affected this problem. Me thinks TP 5.0 has a ways to go before its stable.
Skippy
helios

Post by helios »

If you haven't already done so, please try reinstalling TextPad and choose the Repair option, when it appears.
Helios Software Solutions
skippy

works now

Post by skippy »

I did that and I now see the X box in the bottom - and it works. Thank you. Now I wonder if it was always there because I always looked for it in the top right hand corner - not the bottom right hand corner.
I think its better on the bottom because its closer to where my mouse cursor is usually - I just have to get used to it.
Skippy
dwilliamson

Re: no X button or config file

Post by dwilliamson »

skippy wrote:Thanks for replying, dwilliamson. But I can't even FIND a config file. I installed it in a non-default directory and don't know if that affected this problem. Me thinks TP 5.0 has a ways to go before its stable.
Skippy
Hi Skippy

I did a search for it and found it that way
dwilliamson

Post by dwilliamson »

Hello

Have just reinstalled TextPad and chose the Repair option. But the close button at the top right isn't showing

I have the tabbed option selected. When I unselect it, the close button does appear in the top right

I am used to the close button being on the top right and to having tabs showing at the bottom

Any suggestions on how to resolve this?
helios

Post by helios »

The close button appears at either the top or bottom of the document window, depending on where the document tabs are configured to appear.
Helios Software Solutions
dwilliamson

Post by dwilliamson »

I thought that might be the case, unfortunately. Is there any chance of having the close re-instated at the top in a future version?