TP 5: Customize toolbars - can remove but can't add commands

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

cv

TP 5: Customize toolbars - can remove but can't add commands

Post by cv »

When using the 'customize' function (commands tab) against the tool bars, I can remove commands from a given tool bar, but I can't add new ones. As soon as I select a command from the dialog window and try to slide it to the tool bar, the cursor behaves as if I wanted to delete (small 'X') and the tool bar doesn't receive the command.

Oddly enough, I can slide a command to any menu bar item.
gspatel62

Re: TP 5: Customize toolbars - can remove but can't add comm

Post by gspatel62 »

cv wrote:When using the 'customize' function (commands tab) against the tool bars, I can remove commands from a given tool bar, but I can't add new ones. As soon as I select a command from the dialog window and try to slide it to the tool bar, the cursor behaves as if I wanted to delete (small 'X') and the tool bar doesn't receive the command.

Oddly enough, I can slide a command to any menu bar item.
How odd. I have exactly the reverse problem! I can slide a command to any toolbar but not to any menu! When I try moving a command to a menu, I get the small X and the menu doesn't receive the command.
cv

issue resolved

Post by cv »

My issue was fixed in the latest release.
gspatel62

My issue persists ... or has been replaced with another

Post by gspatel62 »

Guess you're the lucky one then, :wink:

My issue persists -- I still cannot add any of the widgets from the Command dialog to the Menu bar. Though I can add a New Menu, even rename it, but what good is that if I can't put a command under it?!!?

:(
cv

Post by cv »

You're right. I get the same results
gspatel62

customize menus problem - heard from tech support

Post by gspatel62 »

I took the plunge, steeled myself against all the dire-sounding warnings ("check the forums!" "have you checked the forums?" "look at the faq!") and wrote to techsupport about this.

A very short while later, I got this response:
You are right about this, so thanks for bringing it to our attention.
It's very encouraging to get a response from support so quickly, and I can only hope we'll have the issue resolved soon. In the meantime, we muddle along.