Extra Extensions in "Find In Files"

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

justbn

Extra Extensions in "Find In Files"

Post by justbn »

This is a massive pet peeve of mine. Every time I configure TextPad for someone, I can't seem to remember how to increase the list of extensions that you can search on. I've added extensions that are associated with TextPad, etc, but I can't get anything else to show up in this drop down box.

Of course, searching for this in the forum is virtually impossible as the words "find" and "file" are disabled.

Hopefully someone can help with two things:

How do I get TextPad to list additional file extensions in "Find in Files"?

Can someone please get this solution made "sticky" so the rest of the world can find this easily?

Thanks,
justbn
Jens Hollmann

Post by Jens Hollmann »

Hm, as far as I know the drop down box "In Files" in the Find-In-Files dialog just lists the last things you have entered there. Similar to the drop down box above where you type in what to find.

So during your searches in files with different extensions this list box gets filled with all the extensions of files you searched in.

So there is not really a limit to the number of extensions of files you are able to search in.

However I don't know a way to increase the size of this listbox if that's still what you need because you want to remember more extension-sets of files you ever searched in.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Configure/Preferences/File Name Filters

Add / Delete / Modify / Move Up-Down as desired.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
justbn

Post by justbn »

Bob and Jens,

Both worked. I could have sworn I had tried to enter an extension manually in the "In Files" drop down and it wouldn't accept an input. However, now when I try it, it works fine.

justbn