Text Selection

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Blah

Text Selection

Post by Blah »

Having a problem using the mouse to select text, and was wondering if anyone had come across it before and knew why it occurs.

Suddenly during this morning, the mouse will only select part of the text I drag it across, it suddenly stops highlighting,

I've closed and re-opened Textpad, still occurs.
Rebooted the PC, still occurs.
Tried text selection in WORD - it works fine there.
Closed many of the files in the workspace to see if it'd help, it didn't.

Interestingly, as I write, I opened up a second instance of Textpad, started a new file and wrote some gibberish in it - it seems to be selectable as normal !

Oh that's interesting, the right click menu doesn't work in the first instance either. And as an experiment I opened one of the files that had problems in the first instance, into the second instance of Textpad, and selection works ok from there.

Has it suddenly developed a phobia about the number of files open in it's workspace ?

Can't say I'm really understanding this one.
Blah

Post by Blah »

Oh wow, how come closing files INCREASES the size of the tws file ?
Blah

Post by Blah »

OK... closing and opening workspaces seems to have cleared the problem, although I'm unsure how.

I'm rather concerned about the size of the latest tws file though. I suspect it may have been involved in the problem. And concerned that it increased when I closed files.

How do I minimise that file size whilst keeping the same list of files open ? As a last resort I could start to create a new workspace but it seems odd to need to do so.