How can we get syntax highlighting on all perl variables?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

seneca

How can we get syntax highlighting on all perl variables?

Post by seneca »

Hello there! I'm trying to get Textpad to highlight all perl variables in a special color so they're all easy to see, but I still haven't found a way to do that so I'm not sure if it's possible or not..

I was thinking that all i'd have to type into the .syn file would be something like these two, but they're not working....

$*
$[a-z]

So it kinda doesn't seem like it's possible from all the tests I've tried, but at the same time $[0-9] does work, even though it's not actually called that... It apparently seems to be related to the $0 item somehow, but I dunno how it could be... I guess it's hardcoded somehow?

Anyways, thanks in advance. :)
-seneca
batacoba

Post by batacoba »

I'm having the same problem right now. Would be very glad, if somebody would help me with this problem. I know it used to go.
ceren

Post by ceren »

I came here specifically to ask this.

I work with PHP files and I need the variables (words preceded with a $ dollar sign) to have it's own special highlighting.
kproudfoot

Need Highlighting answer for variables....

Post by kproudfoot »

:?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has solved this issue yet? I have a syn file for Maya MEL scripting, and I too would like to have all variables have a specifc highlighting color (those keywords preceded by a $ sign).

Thanks for any help!