black is back and about to attack

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

t1m

black is back and about to attack

Post by t1m »

Greetings,

I had a first day of college today and found they were using TextPad as the default editor. So I came straight home and downloaded the trial to check it out. I must say, this program is very nice. Very nice indeed.

However, I was playing around with some color settings and noticed something I thought I would mention here. When I set my background to black, and then set my "current line" to black to match it, those bars that surround the current line (top and bottom) seem to affect the underscores. So instead of seeing AFF_BLIND in my game code I see AFF-BLIND for all-intensive purposes.

I'm hoping that soon I will find a way to disable the "current line" because I just don't use things like that.

Regards,
t1m =)
t1m

got it

Post by t1m »

found it. disable highlight. *whew*

t1m =)
tbeaulieu

Post by tbeaulieu »

"intensive" purposes, eh?
Angantyr

Post by Angantyr »

FYI, you can keep the highlight current line, and not have the dashed line that surrounds it by setting the foreground color for "Current Line" to the same color as the background color for "Text".

I'm not sure why it behaves this way, but doing this seems to stop Textpad from rendering the dashed border (which interferes with underscores).