compile error

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

eus

compile error

Post by eus »

iv just recently downloaded textpad and everything seems ok...the code compiles fine but when i go to run it i get this error message on the DOS screen:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 'file name'"

any help would be much appreciated..
wansley

Re: compile error

Post by wansley »

eus wrote:iv just recently downloaded textpad and everything seems ok...the code compiles fine but when i go to run it i get this error message on the DOS screen:
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: 'file name'"

any help would be much appreciated..
Do you have QuickTime 7 installed on the PC you are trying this on? I just discovered that with QT7 installed, I get this error, while with QT 6.5, I do not. If possible, try uninstalling QT on the system in question and see if that fixes the problem.

--
William Ansley
agnul

Post by agnul »

Same as here :wink:
itpurt

but... my itunes !!!!

Post by itpurt »

this is not a java question...but here it is
well, as you suggested, i removed quicktime from my computer. But, for my itunes to run i need quicktime...what should i do :cry:

also, why does quick time have anything to do with how text pad works? is quick time using programs that keep textpad form working properly? im just curious
helios

Post by helios »

If you run a java application from the Command Prompt, you will get the same error, so this is not a TextPad problem.

When you install QuickTime 7 it messes up the Classpath, which you can find under: Start/Settings/Control Panel. Double click System. Click the Advanced tab and then the Environment Variables button.

I suggest that you install QuickTime 6.5 and then check that the Java functions are working correctly. Then go to the Classpath setting for the JDK, as described above, and insert a ;(semi colon) at the start of the path. You should then be able to install QuickTime 7, without it causing any problems.

If you are successful, please report the problem to Apple.

I hope this helps.
Helios Software Solutions