Do the TextPad coding team ever read these entries?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

^OO^

Post by ^OO^ »

Hello Team TextPad

I am not the only user who thinks the text size and choice of font are unfortunate for the use of Search and Replace box.
I can alter the size of the boxes with a resource editor - but that does not solve the real problem: We don't all have eyes as good as yours.
At that microscopic fontsize, it is very difficult to distinguish between I and l and 1, m and rn, and many others.
Please recompile Textpad with a serif font like Georgia and a size or two bigger. Please :-)

My awful suspicion is that all our pleadings are not only ignored - they are not even seen. Say it aint so!
If you are on the TextPad coding team and have read this, please show us that you have read this - PLEASE.

Tired-eyes Julian (-_-)
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

I agree that those edit boxes are not ideal. However...

The text in those text edit boxes is... text. And you have a rather good text editor conveniently to hand.

If I'm constructing a fancy search expression, particularly a regular one, I do it somewhere in a proper editor window, usually the one showing the document I'm currently editing. I highlight the text and type Ctrl+F. (I have Ctrl+D mapped to SerachFindPrevious. This makes searching forwards and backwards an easy finger manoeuvre.)

Watch out for the current search settings. If the last F5 search was a regular expression one, so will the next Ctrl+F one be.
^OO^

Post by ^OO^ »

Hi Ben

Yes, that is a sensible work-around - it's just such a shame that an otherwise excellent text processor should require work-arounds for a completely avoidable reason.

. . . .

Hi there Texpad Coders,

Are you reading any of this?
Here is another person who is having trouble with your tiny bloody font.
Please, PLEASE respond and let us know that you are NOT ignoring us.

Julian who paid you for your software and should be heard :-)
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

It's not a work-around. I want the power of an editor to construct and edit my regexes.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Don't think the TP development team will ignore this, it's listed as item 7 in the Find and Replace - Grand Unification Theory. A very high ranking poll along with the Find/replace dialog Font one. Feel free to vote on both of them if you have not done so already. Pls do not feel bad if they don't reply to this feature request, it's taken the forums here months just to get it confirmed that TP version 5 is indeed under development. As a rule Helios does not comment on future enhancements.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be