Unexpected email behavior

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

scottb2

Unexpected email behavior

Post by scottb2 »

If I select a file in the document selector pane, and then click on File->Send, an Outlook window appears ready to send my file. If I select more than one file (with ctrl-left click), then click on File-Send, I get (drum roll please), *one* file to be sent. I would have expected all of my selected files to be sent. Bug or feature?

Scott
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

Feature vs "undocumented feature," I cannot comment but I can verify that I see the same behaviour. It sends only the first item to have been highlighted. I thought perhaps it'd have queued up my three items to send but that was not the case. I selected multiple items and hit print and it only printed the document with focus so if I were to make an assumption, it is working as intended. I'll admit one would think it'd apply to all selections but it appears that functionality is limited to the options of the context menu in the document selector.
I choose to fight with a sack of angry cats.
scottb2

Post by scottb2 »

Since most other programs perform an operation on all selected files, this is unintuitive behavior. I'd really like to see this fixed. It is a pain to have to use a different program just to email multiple files.
scottb2

Post by scottb2 »

How does reporting a bug (my opinion, of course) work here? Do the moderators scan this list for problems or do I have to post the problem somewhere else, or what?
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

You'll find the "TextPad feedback form" over here.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be