Batch Processing?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Difahs

Batch Processing?

Post by Difahs »

Hello all.

Am new here.

Presently am busy with organising my own lyrics page (data base). Have some 200 artists we like. This is for personal use. For friends and fam. Been busy for more than a year now. Only good with html so far. Learning java script.

My question is..it takes so long to edit all the pages in there. Have finished nearly 50% of the work. To give an example, Robbie Williams has 129 files. What i have been doing is to go through each source page on note pad so far, to work through all of them. It is tedious work. I am changing the back ground of all the pages to my style. Is there a possibilty to process them all in one batch or smaller batches? I need to work faster to get them all done soon. I have "Text Pad" now. :lol:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Difahs.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Changing the background color for all those html files should be one simple replacement within the CSS ruleset for the body element in the CSS file.

Apart from that:
Textpad can do replacements in all open files in one go.

For that, select "All documents" in the "scope" box of the "Replace" dialog.
Tomas Eklund

Post by Tomas Eklund »

Ouch, that doesn't sound like fun work... For searching and replacing across multiple files you might want to try Helios WildEdit. It's only €24 and a trial is available.

I would personally put all the lyrics into a database and use ASP to pull it out and present it within an exchangable html template, but that requires some knowledge of that kind of stuff, of course. I haven't tried WildEdit myself as I have already bought JGsoft PowerGREP. It's quite a bit more expensive at €129, but for me it has been a real sanity saver.