Find in Files - not enough memory for that operation - 4.6.2

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

catop

Find in Files - not enough memory for that operation - 4.6.2

Post by catop »

Hi

I get this error message whenever I do a "Find in Files" operation. The message does not seem to be dependant on the number of matches returned and happens on every instance of the operation. It is not a "show stopper" but is an annoying bug or problem.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Textpad (albeit without a restart) and this problem has not gone.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks
".. the indisputable leader of the gang .."
catop

Post by catop »

Hi

Apologies, should have added that it is Textpad 4.6.2 32bit Version running on NT4 Workstation sp4.

Catop
".. the indisputable leader of the gang .."
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Must be something at your end.

On my NT4 and Win2K boxes it works with Textpad 4.6.2 as designed (as it did with all the older versions) ...
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

This could be an erroneous error message that gets issued when TextPad thinks the files contain Unicode characters that cannot be represented in the code page corresponding to the font script selected for the Search Results Document Class. If they really are Unicode files, try setting the font script to something appropriate to the language they contain:

Configure/Preferences/Document Classes/Search Results/Font

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
ian_horwill

Still a problem in V4.7.3

Post by ian_horwill »

I am getting the same problem with V4.7.3 - should this have been fixed? The files that cause the problem (I have two) load into TextPad and I can't see anything obviously wrong with them. When I save them with "PC Format" selected, the problem goes away.
Ian Horwill
Accounting Frameworks Ltd
heikosch

Post by heikosch »

I get excactly the same problem searching XML files in unicode format. Changing to PC format is no option for me.

Please fix it!
richard98007

4.7.3 and still cannot search a large number of files

Post by richard98007 »

Using TP 4.7.3 and still cannot search a large number of files. Get the Out of memory error and changing fonts as suggested does not work.

I am scanning lots of SQL text files and I do not see any Unicode anywhere. Is there a way I can find Unicode by using TP? Maybe a catch 22 there :)
dforrest

Post by dforrest »

bbadmin wrote:This could be an erroneous error message that gets issued when TextPad thinks the files contain Unicode characters that cannot be represented in the code page corresponding to the font script selected for the Search Results Document Class. If they really are Unicode files, try setting the font script to something appropriate to the language they contain:

Configure/Preferences/Document Classes/Search Results/Font

Keith MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
I am getting the same problem searching Unicode files as described in this old thread. Has nothing been resolved? I am using 4.7.3.