Randomize Lines

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

rocker68

Randomize Lines

Post by rocker68 »

Hey there all,

Searched the forum with no luck.

I have about 1500 lines of text in a file, and I just simply want them randomized. How do I go about doing this? I see sort doesn't give me this option.

Thank you,
mcai8rw2

Randomize script

Post by mcai8rw2 »

Hi,

I had a very similar problem not long ago. Where I needed unique content to be written, or certain words copied and pasted randomly through out a piece of text.

Sadly textpad cant help you :cry: sorry. It would be nice if text pad had some sort of scripting capability, but it doesn't.

I suggest you investigate a tool called "article bot"
http://www.articlebot.com/thankyou.php for the free trial. rollback your pc clock to extend the trial period :twisted:

what this does is allows you to input a certain paragraph / body of text. You can then highlight words in that text and dictate what is a synonym of that word. It stores those synonyms in an SQL database. The idea is that you go through each word in your text classifying the synonyms. Then you can hit a button, and presto changeo! The program outputs an entirley new body of text by stitching the synonyms together.

It really usefull.

However what I found to be more useful is to clssify an indivdual Variable with other sentences to be the same as that variable.

:?

I'll explain.

If you need a set of five randomly generated sentences you would put into the prorgram:

SENTENCE
SENTENCE
SENTENCE
SENTENCE
SENTENCE

Then you would tell the program that the variable 'sentence' can be other things like "my red balloon is big" OR "fluffy sheep run quickly" OR "China is a large country"

You would then hit the button...the program see all the variable SENTENCES...and then outputs randomly ordered sentences based on what you have typed in.

PERFICK
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

copy it, stick it in excel, generate a random column ( =rand() ), sort by that column, copy back into textpad, enjoy.
TextPad redneck since 1999.
NinjaLabs is now CSWD Limited!
mcai8rw2

XL Random generator

Post by mcai8rw2 »

Well...that s a damn side simpler than my long winded manner. A great tool for excel is a free add-in called "XL random generator" is

http://www.ablebits.com/excel-random-ge ... /index.php

It make generating random anything really simple.