TextPad and Microsoft .NET Framework

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Seiken

TextPad and Microsoft .NET Framework

Post by Seiken »

I've been using TextPad for a week now, still very new at it. I was doing some tutorials from my class and had no problems. About 2 days ago, I updated my video drivers which required me to install the .NET Framework.

I can't run any java applications (I get DOS error messages) now and I'm thinking it may have something to do with .NET Framework.

Has anyone had this problem? Maybe they should add it on a FAQ or something.
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Strange, I can't think of any video drivers using .Net framework, some utility that comes with them, sure. Perhaps uninstall .Net fw just to see what happes? Does .Net come with it's own "Java"? If so, try removing the Java tools from TP and have TP add them again. Or if you'd like to continue using your original version of Java, reinstall that. HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

ATI radeon control center crap uses .Net.
TextPad redneck since 1999.
NinjaLabs is now CSWD Limited!
robbage

Post by robbage »

ninjalabs wrote:ATI radeon control center crap uses .Net.
Thats odd coz I have ATI radeon c.c. on two PCs and neither have .Net Is this a recent thing? I hope not coz who wants to install over 100MB of .NET cr@p just to use a pretty cr@ppy c.c. (possibly 2000/XP only?)
ninjalabs

Post by ninjalabs »

Only if you get the extended control panel thingy. The basic drivers don't have it.
TextPad redneck since 1999.
NinjaLabs is now CSWD Limited!
mrossco

Post by mrossco »

ATI Control center doesn't REQUIRE .NET. ATI provides two versions of their drivers. One of these two versions includes their Catalyst Control Center which does require .NET. The other package includes the driver but no Catalyst (hence, no .NET).

.NET shouldn't have corrupted anything with Java. There is no Java runtime with the .NET Framework. The only thing I can think of might have to do with your PATH environment variable. What runtime are you running?