Highlight Status Bar when 'Search Passed End of File'

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

pokomoko

Highlight Status Bar when 'Search Passed End of File'

Post by pokomoko »

Hi,
I can't easily see the text "Search Passed End of File" when doing a search, so sometimes I keep going around and around, and then I feel stupid. Can you highlight the status bar in a bright red (or let user define color), or maybe a pop up window that says "End of file. OK.", and if you press return you can keep searching if you want, but at least you know you've gone around once.

Thanks, this would be very helpful,
John
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Not exactly what you asked for, but will Configure | Preferences | View | Audible alerts do?
pokomoko

Post by pokomoko »

Thanks for the suggestion, though I guess I my computer must not have sound, or it's so low I can't hear it, because Audible Alerts was already checked. I guess I look into my sound problem.
dbartow

Post by dbartow »

The audible alerts for searching past end of file no longer work for some reason. The best I know is to use the visual alerts, at least that is better than nothing. Anyone got any clues as to why the audible alerts have stopped?
"There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey."

-- John Ruskin
-- English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900)