Howto adjust font of document selector?

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

JimJinkins

Post by JimJinkins »

Does anyone know a way to adjust the font of the Document Selector? either from within TextPad, in the Windows Screen Properties notebook, or in the Windows Registry?

I run Windows 2000 Professional and Windows XP with a 19 inch monitor.
The Windows Screen Properties ==> Appearance font is ExtraLarge.
The Windows Screen Properties ==> Settings screen area is 1280x1024 pixels.
The Windows Screen Properties ==> Settings advanced font size is 150% (144 dots/in).

In TextPad 4.7.3, the font of the document selector is too small to read. I looks like 8 or 9 pixels vertically.

In the full-screen text area with the document selector suppressed, 12 pt Courier New covers 86 columns from left margin to right margin.
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

There is not a supported way at the moment to achieve your goal. However, if you search through the forums, someone posted a hack over a year ago. Basically it involves editing the resource files and they linked an editor and a short how to on the thread. Granted, they were adjusting the size of the search and replace dialog but I suspect the same tricks could be employed to adjust the document selector.

Best of luck with it.
I choose to fight with a sack of angry cats.
OrbMan

Post by OrbMan »

JimJinkins

Post by JimJinkins »

Thanks OrbMan.

I downloaded the resource editor at http://www.users.on.net/johnson/resourcehacker/ that was mentioned in the thread. When I finish my current project, resource editing looks like a useful thing to learn.

In the meantime, I followed another suggestion from the thread by adjusting the Windows fonts until I can live with the results in all my apps including TextPad. I also will submit an enhancement request to Helios, asking for more control of font sizes in TextPad's menus and dialogs.

Jim