Textpad Features

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Hookie

Textpad Features

Post by Hookie »

I’ve just started to use TextPad mainly to write content for emails, autoresponsders etc.

Unfortunately, I’m so used to MS Word with all the formatting options possible I don’t know what is possible with TextPad.

For example:

1.Can you change Font styles, Bold, Underlined etc for specific word/s or paragraphs rather than the whole content of a document.

2.Can you change specific words or wording to a ‘color’?
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

1. No. Feel free to vote on it here in the Enhancement Suggestions forum.
2. Yes, you could use syntax files for that. See TP's help file under "Syntax Definition Files".
HTH
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Hookie, Word is a word processing program, Textpad is a text editor.

There is a fundamental difference between these two categories of Software:

Word processing programs do not only store the text, but also information about how the text is supposed to look (bold, italic, font, color and so on).

Text editors store just the text - nothing else.

You can use the syntax coloring stuff in Textpad so that your special words are displayed colored in Textpad - but if you open your file in a different program, you will still see just the text, as the information about color is NOT stored with the text.
mo

Post by mo »

I have reached a point where nearly all my writing is done in TextPad. I keep a letterhead template in Word for when I need to go that way. What I do when I want formatted text is to write it in TextPad with HTML markup. For most of what I want to do I can then just 'view in browser' and print; but if you want to send/use a word document you can open a new Word document, click Insert > File and browse to the file to insert.
Best Wishes!
Mike Olds