"Save All" after an "All Docs" replace

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

bevhoward

"Save All" after an "All Docs" replace

Post by bevhoward »

did search...

Textpad 4.7.0 Registered user

Been bit hard by this twice and need some concrete info before I try again.

Open multiple (20+) documents

Run "Replace All" "All Documents" on multiple strings

File/Save All

Replacements are not written to disk files.

Help!

Beverly Howard
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Using 40+ docs in a workspace, find/replace on them all with multiple strings, unable to produce this. Using TP 4.7.3 on XPsp2. Try the latest version of TP? If that does not help, are your files on a local drive? Network? Samba share?
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
bevhoward

Post by bevhoward »

Thanks... will load the current release and try that.

All of the files are being written locally and the only possibility that I can think of is that they are html files where one might be open in a local browser, so one suspicion would be that the write is being interrupted on that one file and all that follow don't get updated...

On my first try today, the files were old but none showed new dates when file explorer was reopened and looked at the source directory after the "save all."

Lost a full day's work the last time I did this, so the "Save all" _did_ reset the "edited" flag as I was not prompted to save anything when I shut down TextPad.

Thanks again,
Beverly Howard
boldan

Post by boldan »

bevhoward wrote:All of the files are being written locally and the only possibility that I can think of is that they are html files where one might be open in a local browser, so one suspicion would be that the write is being interrupted on that one file and all that follow don't get updated...
I do multiple changes in tens or even hundreds of files, all open in the same time, and never had the problem of not updating any of them. Not only local, also files on network. But all the files are mine, nobody is accessing them when I am working on them.