Functionality to Edit Macros, etc

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

prmyers

Functionality to Edit Macros, etc

Post by prmyers »

I have just found the macro recorder and have used it to create two macros to change the HTML tags on my Bookmark file and then save the result under a new filename.

My suggested enhancement, as I have been unable to locate what I am looking for, would be to add functionality to:

1. Enable the user to edit a recorded macro, so that extraneous keystrokes, etc, can be removed or modifications made;

2. Enable the user to physically key in their own macros via a macro editor screen to perform functions which can't be recorded; and,

3. In line with 2 above, develop and provide appropriate Help page information to allow the user to learn the keywords and syntax required to create and edit recorded and user-written macros.

I would hope that the above enhancement may be considered worthy and perhaps considered for inclusion sooner rather than later.

Thank you

Paul Myers
Paul Myers, JP(NSW), BSc(UNSW), MACS, MACM
PO Box 7007 Karabar NSW 2620 AUSTRALIA
Ph/Fx: 02 6299 2392/+61 2 6299 2392
Mobile: 041 629 9239/+61 41 629 9239
Email: prmyers@acslink.net.au
skaemper

Re:Functionality to Edit Macros, etc

Post by skaemper »

Hi Paul,

note that there's this thread where I suggested "Editable Macros" which is pretty much the same as yours:

http://www.textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3775

If you haven't already, I'd like to suggest to vote there too. 8)
Jeffy (more or less) regularly posts an analysis of the enhancement suggestions to a thread, so we can see how the suggestions are ranked. :D

Cheers

Stephan
"It's POLYMORPHIC!"
A former colleague
jeffy

Re:Functionality to Edit Macros, etc

Post by jeffy »

skaemper wrote:Jeffy (more or less) regularly posts an analysis of the enhancement suggestions to a thread, so we can see how the suggestions are ranked. :D
It's been posted regularly for just over a year now. Monthly for a while, at the end of every month.

I'm good, man! :' )
skaemper

You are...

Post by skaemper »

... great! :D
Keep up the great work!
Cheers

Stephan
"It's POLYMORPHIC!"
A former colleague
gracefool

(off-topic)

Post by gracefool »

(off-topic)
jeffy wrote:It's been posted regularly for just over a year now. Monthly for a while, at the end of every month.

I'm good, man! :' )
You are :)