textpad hangs when saving to CDRW

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

citynskyj

textpad hangs when saving to CDRW

Post by citynskyj »

Am using v4.7.2 32-bit on Windows XP Home Edition with all official updates from Microsoft installed. The CD writer is using UDF file system. I have no other problems wth the PC or the CD writer.

When saving a text file to a fully-formatted CDRW disk, Textpad begins the save but hangs. Cannot exit the program so must shut down Windows. The CD ends up with a zero-length file with the correct filename.
Current workaround is to save elsewhere then drag-drop the file to the CD.
StephenC
Ed

Post by Ed »

Is this to do with Configure->Preferences->File->"Overwrite original files..."?
citynskyj

Post by citynskyj »

I've got Configure->Preferences->File->"Overwrite original files ticked, but I will try to save with this option unticked also, and see what happens. Either way I will report the oucome here.
StephenC
citynskyj

Post by citynskyj »

Sorry about the huge delay in reporting back. Anyway, the Overwrite Original Files setting makes no difference to the problem. On saving to CDRW, textpad hangs with the Save As dialogue open, with all options therein greyed out, and the file list inside that dialogue completely blank - as if it is stuck trying to rebuild the file list.
StephenC
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

There was some historical issues with CDs formatted using C-Direct. I don't recall detaiils, but try a TextPad Searchon CDRW, I am sure you will find the discussions. I also seem to recall a problem caused by a Microsoft change, again, don't remember details......suggest you check out a search here.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob