remove "print" option on right-click tab menu

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ceren

remove "print" option on right-click tab menu

Post by ceren »

The Print option shouldn't be right below the Close option. You have no idea the number of times I had to sprint out of my chair to yank out the printer's electrical cord to halt the print job just because I accidentally chose Print instead of Close.

I would prefer any of the following:

1) Move the Print option to the bottom of the tab, underneath Properties.

2) an option to remove the Print option entirely from the right click tab.

3) open the print-dialog box instead of sending the print job directly to the default printer.
CyberSlug

Post by CyberSlug »

The print option can be removed from the menu by "hacking" TextPad.exe

However, posting information here on how to do this might violate the TextPad license.
ceren

Post by ceren »

CyberSlug wrote:The print option can be removed from the menu by "hacking" TextPad.exe

However, posting information here on how to do this might violate the TextPad license.
I think that would be a bit much. Hopefully the developers of TextPad would consider this a reasonable change that should be made. Simply moving the print option down a few notches in the menu would resolve this. I can't be the only one on the planet that's been burned by this.
ramonsky

Post by ramonsky »

I would prefer simply replacing "Print" with "Print...". That way you'd get a dialog, and an option to hit "Cancel".
gracefool

Post by gracefool »

I second ramonsky's motion.
marinhekman

Post by marinhekman »

I totally agree that this enhancement has to be made...

It is very anoying if you want to close the file but instead you choose print by mistake...and ofcourse there is no popup so it will cost you a lot of pages...

Can somebody start a poll?