HEX color include

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

MT-X

HEX color include

Post by MT-X »

I'm note sure if this feature has ben posted here before so forgive me if it has :wink:

I mainly use TextPad for scripting in HTML/PHP/Jscript. As such, what I realy miss is a sortof color-picker whichs includes has an HEX value. Currently when i need a color in HEX value I have to open i.e. Photoshop to pick the color and use the HEX value. Now i know that there are tools in the net which can profide this feature but i it would be far more easier when it is in TextPad.

That's the only thing i miss after working more then 1 year with this Powerfull tool

grtz, MT-X
s_reynisson

Re: HEX color include

Post by s_reynisson »

Define it as a tool in TP? Get the best from both worlds, ie. invoke it from
within TP and use the best tool out there :P
Some selection of them here, and around 80% of them are freeware.
HTH
MT-X wrote:... Now i know that there are tools in the net which can profide this feature but i it would be far more easier when it is in TextPad.
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
ramonsky

Post by ramonsky »

This is a really good argument for the "Run a tool on a selection" idea.

Some external tool would merely have to write the hex value to standard output. Bingo! If used as a "Run a tool on a selection" tool the effect of this would be to insert the hex value at the cursor position (or replace selected text with the hex value, if any text were selected).

Jill
mo

Post by mo »

I just followed the link above and came on a very nice color picker with all the features you would need, A1 Software SmartColor, setting it up as a tool makes inserting the color as easy as picking it, clicking save and clicking paste in the document. A very nicely put together freeware program.

I have also added from No-nonsense Software their PrintFolder Pro, which prints out a list of files in a folder or a folder/file tree. I think there are free programs that do this as well.
Best Wishes!
Mike Olds