Macro to partially fill Find box

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

tcebob

Macro to partially fill Find box

Post by tcebob »

Being incurably lazy and working with autolisp I tried to create a macro that brings up the Find dialog and enters the string C: for me, hoping to leave the cursor there waiting for me to complete the name of the function.

Alt-S
F
C:

Assign to ctl-shift F

Doesn't work. The Find box does not appear.

Any help?

rs
CyberSlug

Post by CyberSlug »

This can be accomplished with a third-party scripting program such as AutoIt version 3

Code: Select all

; Tested with English version TextPad 4.72 and AutoIt 3.0.84
;
WinMenuSelectItem("TextPad", "", "&Search", "&Find...")
WinWaitActive("Find")
Send("C:")
I think I posted more info about how to use AutoIt tools here http://www.textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4721
tcebob

Post by tcebob »

Well, I was hoping to stay within the sphere of TP. I did use QuickMacros www.quickmacros.com but found that, despite the name, is a very intricate program. It works fine but chews up a share of ram. I will take a look at Autolt and see how it compares.

rs
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

If you are going to look at third party tools, you must consider Macro Scheduler. TextPad and Macro Scheduler are the two most indispensible tools for eidting and automation.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
tcebob

Post by tcebob »

Bob Hansen wrote:If you are going to look at third party tools, you must consider Macro Scheduler. TextPad and Macro Scheduler are the two most indispensible tools for eidting and automation.
Thanks for the lead, Bob. Who can pass up a plug like that?

rs