No need
7%
No way!
No votes

Total votes: 14

fthomas

Find in whole file

Post by fthomas »

An option that would be nice in the search would be to enable the search from the top of the file instead of the current position, especially when you don't want to use wrap search.

Today, you need either to enable wrap search (not very handy) or to manually go to the top of the file before running a whole file search.

This feature was very popular in Borland IDE, and since I'm a bit old school, I miss it alot :)
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."
Richard Cook
s_reynisson

Post by s_reynisson »

Pls post all polls with five options so they can be included in Jeffy's
Relative rankings of every enhancement suggestion.
What about posting a Sticky about it on this board?
Then I open up and see
the person fumbling here is me
a different way to be
fthomas

Post by fthomas »

By the way, I think Microsoft developement tools (Visual Studio & Visual .NET) also have the "whole file search" option. Not only Borland had it ;-)
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."
Richard Cook
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Re:
What about posting a Sticky about it on this board?
You must have missed it, but there is a Sticky, and from the beginning it asked for using five entries. Jeffy submitted that 4 days after the Forum was created. Problem is you can't force people to read the Sticky. :(

:idea: Hmmmm, how about like a license agreement, you must agree to Sticky contents before you can use Forum? (...........Just joking :D )
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Even if they could be forced to read the sticky, you can't force them to understand it... :wink:
davidakoontz

Post by davidakoontz »

... meanwhile back to topic...

Would it be possible for the tool to remember the location in the file (line & word etc) and return the cursor to that position after the search/replace. Not leaving the cursor at the bottom of the file.
fthomas

Post by fthomas »

Sorry about the 4 questions pool, guys, but I cannot edit the pool anymore. I will do it the next time. Sorry again.

Fred.
Richard Cook