"Send To" problem with multiple files

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

SM

"Send To" problem with multiple files

Post by SM »

Hi all,

I'm using version 4.7.1. Context menu item 'TextPad' works fine for me. But when I use 'Send To' to open multiple files with TextPad, I get a dialog 'OK to create <...>', where <...> is all selected file names slammed together with a space between each file. Single file 'Send To' operation works just fine.

This used to work fine for me in 4.6. Is this a setup problem or a known bug? Any help on how to get around it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

How is your configuration set up, especially the
Allow multiple files on the command line
SM

Post by SM »

Aha! That was the problem. "Allow multiple files on the command line" was not checked. I've enabled that feature and now it works fine. Thanks for your help.
CyberSlug

Post by CyberSlug »

EDIT: yes you do need that checkbox checked

An additional thing to try is to use the -m command line switch for your shortcut to TextPad. "C:\Program Files\TextPad\TextPad.exe" -m

I set up my SendTo shortcut this way AND have "Allow multiple instances to run" UNchecked. This solution gives me the flexibility I want:
I can select 5 files to send to one Textpad window. Select 3 others to send to another window.... or if I wanted the 3 in the same window as the other 5, I could simply drag-and-drop the group of them to the open window.