Document selector quirk

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

AndrewKember

Document selector quirk

Post by AndrewKember »

Hello all,
I've found an odd problem with TextPad 4.7.1 and wondered if anyone else has come across it:

When Ctrl-tabbing through the document selector, documents are not selected in the order I last viewed them.

If I hold down ctrl and repeatedly press and release tab, some documents in the selector are never visited. However, if I hold down tab, which scrolls through the list very quickly, I can clearly see that all the documents are visited. Strange but true.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Andrew.
--
Running TextPad 4.7.1 on Win2k SP4
Last edited by AndrewKember on Tue Sep 09, 2003 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Hm, can't reproduce this here as Alt-Tab does not go through textpad tabs but through windows applications (on all windows systems I have seen alt-tab cycles through applications).
AndrewKember

Post by AndrewKember »

Tsk! My bad - I meant CTRL-tab :oops:

Thank you for humouring me! I've corrected this in the original post now.

Andrew.
talleyrand

Post by talleyrand »

Hmmm. I've got the same setup but am also unable to reproduce your situation. Does the situation persist after rebooting?
AndrewKember

Post by AndrewKember »

talleyrand wrote:Does the situation persist after rebooting?
Yes, it does. I've rebooted the system, I've saved the workspace file I'm using under a different name to ensure it's not corrupt (not sure if that would make a difference anyway).

The problem seems to only affect .txt files, but I have just created and saved a .txt file and it can be ctrl-tabbed to just fine.

If I can narrow the problem down some more, I'll get back to you.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Andrew.