Important, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad increases/degrades
33%
Somewhat important
No votes
I'm okay either way
67%
Somewhat unimportant
No votes
NO WAY!...Never to be considered....I love tipin...typpping.....YES!
No votes

Total votes: 6

Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

That sounds promising. The results look good.

I am heading out for a while so I will check the email contents this evening.

I did find a way to close all Explorer Bars in the meantime. I am just pressing CTRL-E E I I......This forces two instances of a Bar to open and close

CTRL-E toggles the Search Bar and CTRL-I toggles the Favorites Bar.

If the Search Bar was already open this will close it. If I only toggeld one bar and it was already open then it just gets restored. By toggling two bars, they will all go away. It doesn't matter which two bars I select, any toggled in sequence will close them all. Just cannot restore them.

So I think I have solutions for MSIE versions, Toobars and Explorer Bars.
But I suspect your version will process faster.

Looking forward to your solution tonight........

=====================
Help RUB OUT chafing!
tygrus78

Post by tygrus78 »

Have I missed something here ...

Why isn't there a button (or leave blank for auto) to use the default poll options when creating one for the "Enhancement Suggestions" ?

Can we add a poll to an existing topic ?

Should all topics have the default poll automatically added without the users control.
Bugs = undesired outcomes caused by programming mistake not design. Bugs go elsewhere.
Enhancement Suggestions = Change or add to the design of the program to add or adapt functionality. These should always be put here and voted on (other users can have their say).
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

You have not missed anything. Those options do not exist. The bulletin board software is not Helios product and so some limitations exist. So some of us had made an effort to provide some tools to overcome that.

Has not been worked on for quite a while, looks like over 2 years. I think that I stopped working on this because webmasta had a better solution.

No, you cannot add a poll to an existing topic. Must create the poll when you start the Subject.

Your suggestions sound good, but it will be up to us end users to develop the tools to do this if we want it. Helios staff might be able to do it , but the consensus has generally been a preference to let them work on next version of Textpad vs. working on the bulletin board. (No discussion please on "next version". That has been covered adequately in other threads).
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob