Forum question (as opposed to TextPad question)

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Dcantor

Forum question (as opposed to TextPad question)

Post by Dcantor »

What is the proper forum for talking about the features of this forum?

On the chance that it is here, I'll ask my question here. The moderator can move or it or whatever, if necessary.

When soliciting a vote, there are 5 current choices ranging from this is very important to me even if performance is impacted to this is really unimportant to me. I would like the ability to vote with "I don't like this idea" and "I really, really don't think this idea should be implemented."

Dave C.
Dave C.
Groton, CT
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

Hi, dcantor.

The "official five option polls" and their relative rankings, here in our humble little Enhancement Suggestion forum, have nothing directly to do with TextPad folks. Just us TextPad-jazzed forum users.

As stated in the relative rankings thread, the five options can say anything:

Code: Select all

A "valid poll" is defined as "has five possible answers, ranked, from top to bottom, from most wanted to least wanted".
So if you create a suggestion post, create whatever five options you like, as long as they're "ranked from top to bottom, from most wanted to least wanted".

I'm just about to start a thread, to see what people think the best five option texts are. Please give us your input.
Dcantor

It's not if _I_ post; it's voting on others' proposals

Post by Dcantor »

Understood. Thank you.

The problem that I see is that the votes generally have vote selections that run from strongly in favor to strongly INDIFFERENT! With those choices, it's not possible to express (in the vote) OPPOSITION to the proposal.

Since the person who posts the proposal gets to pick the voting categories, and is almost assuredly in favor of their own proposal, I don't expect this to be solved.

When I'm opposed to something, I guess I'll have to actually write a response.
Dave C.
Groton, CT
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

I see your point. My opinion is the "Unimportant, even if..." item is close to what you mean.
heinvandenheuvel

Post by heinvandenheuvel »

So Dave... is this question about a 'this is a stupid idea, do not implement' choice button prompted by my VMS file format suggestion?

:-)

[for the innocent bystanders... Dave and VMS go way back]

Cheers,
Hein.
hein hp com
Dcantor

Nope.

Post by Dcantor »

Absolutely not, Hein. In fact, I haven't found your suggestion yet, but now I'll go look for it.

RMS on PC's. Yeah, that's what we need!

And for the innocent bystanders, Hein and VMS go back a long way, too.
Dave C.
Groton, CT