tool bar

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Tommy Sessions

tool bar

Post by Tommy Sessions »

I have two questions.
1. What is Macro and what can I do with it? :oops:

2. Does TP have a tool bar such as MS W with B U I and Left, Center, Right. and different colors?

Thanks, before you answer. ttarms
Learn to do maint./minor repair (if there are any) to your favorite vehicle. Subscribe to BadCarAgain at mailto:badcaragain@netdot.com
Now's a good time ain't it? Well, ain't it? :-)
webmasta

Post by webmasta »

Macro:
A macro allows you to eliminate repetitive tasks by recording the steps to a specific task and saving it with a descriptive name.

You can then select the macro from the macro menu and play it to perform the same steps you record, you can do some pretty nifty majik, from creating a html shell page to creating tables etc... imagine the possibilities!

TP help is a great place to start.
Does TP have a tool bar such as MS W with B U I and Left, Center, Right. and different colors?
No, TP is a text editor, not a word processor. To have those commands you will need to set left and right margins etc so that center/right can be calculated. I never saw that option in TP.

B U I is again for word processors, although you can have the entire document B or U or I

Different colors is achieved by syntax highlighting within the document and not necessarily for printing different sections of the document in color which is what i suspect you want to do.

TP rocks.
Tommy Sessions

tool bar

Post by Tommy Sessions »

Thanks, webmasta, maybe this will keep me out of trouble for awhile. :lol:
Learn to do maint./minor repair (if there are any) to your favorite vehicle. Subscribe to BadCarAgain at mailto:badcaragain@netdot.com
Now's a good time ain't it? Well, ain't it? :-)