Dashed Lines at Cursor

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jwcane

Dashed Lines at Cursor

Post by jwcane »

Just rebuilt my system. When I installed TextPad and started the program I noticed two horizontal dashed lines, one above and one below the cursor position. Also word wrap has no effect. Are these two related? How can I get rid of the dashed lines?
jwcane

Word Wrap

Post by jwcane »

Please ignore comments about word wrap. All is well. Regarding the dashed lines, are they perhaps a new feature in 4.7? I will probably become accustomed to them. :)
helios

Post by helios »

You can turn off the current line highlighting feature, as follows:

From the Configure menu choose:

1. Preferences
2. View
3. Uncheck the option to "Highlight the line containing the cursor"
4. Click Apply / OK.

Stephen MacDonald
Helios Software Solutions
mrbroschat

Removing the dashes in current line

Post by mrbroschat »

Highlighting the current line is a marvelous new feature, but, yes, most of us don't like the dashed lines at the top and bottom <i>when we configure our own colors</i>. You notice that the one Helios has done doesn't have the dashes.

The answer is simple enough, and is given in the Help:
"If you prefer not to see those lines, set the foreground to the Window background color."
What this means is that when you are configuring the highlighting properties (Configure, Preferences, Item: Current line), you must set the Foreground color to the color of your editing window. Mine is white (the default), so I just set the Foreground color to white, and the dashes disappear.

Thanks for this feature...