type size in find/replace

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mo

type size in find/replace

Post by mo »

Is there a way to adjust the size of the type used in this? It is much smaller than previously and I find it hard to read (getting old here!), and also I frequently edit what is selected and trying to click inside [1] is not easy!
B. Gocht

Re: type size in find/replace

Post by B. Gocht »

It's my problem also.

> Release 4.3
> - The font used for the Find and Replace edit controls
> now matches that of the active document.

Its was fine. But now it´s undone. Why?
Yaroukh

me to :o/

Post by Yaroukh »

Can any1 help us PLZ? :o)
crassius

Re: type size in find/replace

Post by crassius »

same problem here since updating to 4.7 and also moving to a new 'puter

if I knew where it got that very small, bold, font from, I might be able to change it or at least replace the font on my system with a better one renamed as the one it looks for

it seems to be grabbing a font on the new machine that the old machine didn't have, but the old machine is gone and I can't check it :(

if no one knows the font, I'll try to find time to track it down this week
crassius

is this the font being used?

Post by crassius »

It looks like that horribly, tiny, bold font used in the recent string dialog of find&replace is the 'WST_Engl.fon'. The chars are formed in the same manner, but I can't seem to replace the font file and get a change to happen.

Anyone else have ideas on this?
agnul

Post by agnul »

Did anyone get any news about this ? Recent versions keep using the system font for search and replace dialogs, which is quite hard to read for complex strings/REs. Is there any option to set in order to get a different font ?
CyberSlug

Post by CyberSlug »

The font size can be increased by "hacking" TextPad.exe

However, posting information on how to do this may violate the TextPad license, so I will not post anything here.
bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

agnul wrote:Did anyone get any news about this ? Recent versions keep using the system font for search and replace dialogs, which is quite hard to read for complex strings/REs. Is there any option to set in order to get a different font ?
You can vote here: http://textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... a06c6c2718