Highlight color of string located by "find next"

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

scottb2

Post by scottb2 »

How do I change the color of a string located by "find next"? The light
grey is just too hard to see. I checked preferences and didn't see a
color catagory that was obviously what I wanted. Thanks.

Scott
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

It is the color for 3D objects you set for the Windows properties (click a free place on your desktop, then properties, then appearance...)
scottb2

Re: Highlight color of string located by "find next&quo

Post by scottb2 »

There's no way to separate search highlighting from the rest of the Windows 3D objects? Guess I'm kind of disappointed that things that logically seem separate really aren't. Who would have thought that the same attribute used to color window borders also applies to highlighted text within a window. (Your solution worked, by the way...
thanks!)

Scott
Jens Hollmann

Post by Jens Hollmann »

If you mean the colour of the text which is highlighted when you still have the find-dialog-box open, then this is a setting of the document class. You can change it in the standard document class if that suffices.

It is the second colour setting from the top. The direct translation from german would be "marked text without focus".

HTH

Jens
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

Ok, I stand corrected.

I just noticed that when I changed the windows 3D background-color the not-focused selection turned the same color.

BUT: after I set a color for this in Textpad and changed the windows 3D background-color the not-focused selection DID NOT any longer turn the same color.

Seems that it defaults to the 3D-background-color until you override it with something different.
scottb2

Post by scottb2 »

That's it! Thanks.