Macros and multiple files

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Dan

Post by Dan »

Does anyone know if/how yu canrun a macro against multiple open files ? I have 1100 files to make the same edit on and I have the macro created but do not know how to run it against all files at one time ?

Thanks
joelransom

Post by joelransom »

Looks like noone responded to this back in February, but I have the exact same requirement. If anyone knows if this can be done in Textpad any advice would be appreciated. Otherwise maybe I'll give Macro Scheduler a try.

Thanks,

Joel
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

FYI I use Macro Scheduler every day and it is the best automation available for anything!...Macro Scheduler is available at http://www.mjtnet.com/index.htm?ref=rmh ... rg_2644641.

But re your macro question, it would be helpful to have more info about what you are trying to do with the macro.

Some TP commands can be applied against multiple files.

Macros can be set to run once, or thru selected section or through entire file.

Depending on what you are doing, you could merge all files into one large file, process the macro, and break the file into separate components again.

Many options exist, but more details are needed to be able to help you out.

And yes, you could use Macro Scheduler to open TP, run the TP macro, save the file, and continue using MS to process all the files you identify.

Looking forward to your details......
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob