Segmentation Fault while using cygwin (c++)

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, bbadmin, helios, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

KadeYuy

Segmentation Fault while using cygwin (c++)

Post by KadeYuy »

Hi guys, I've searched all over but I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. I get a segmentation fault when compiling a program that is a class (header) file. For some reason having any includes makes it give me this error. http://imageshack.us/f/850/errorzw.jpg/
I have a bunch of other programs that run and compile fine. But, this one whenever I have an include just messes up. I'm pretty new to programming, so I was hoping someone here would know something. The full thing in the parameters is:

Code: Select all

-W -Wall -pedantic -o $BaseName -I c:\cygwin\cccfiles $File
It will compile when I use emacs on a unix (it might be linux) server my university has. But, I like coding in textpad a lot more than emacs. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
scaevola

Post by scaevola »

I realize it's completely unrelated.

But Xemacs is fantastic and offers some of the options that textpad offers. I would highly recommend checking it.

Xemacs is emacs on crack...

If you stubborn ... I'm not sure either why it's happening...

That being said it's been ages since I've done hardcore programming

Have you hardcoded the pathing args in windows so that you can call the compiler/debugger directly from windows(cml - commandline).

That's the first place I'd start.

As an example...
In java
you have to map the javac and java as fixed pathing variables inorder to preform a debugging using javc filename ..once you cd into the directory where the .jar/.java is housed.