Editable Macros

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

joelmw

Post by joelmw »

Just jumping on the bandwagon. TextPad rocks. The absence of editable macros is puzzling.
Grace and Peace,
Joel
bmowder

Editable Macros

Post by bmowder »

Editable Macros.

Willing to pay.

Willing to help develop.

Willing to beta test.

What's it gonna take?

This is the best text editor I've seen. Its one flaw is the lack of an editable macro capability.
Barney
-= TextPad Lover =-
-= happiness is an editable Macro =-
Tahsmo

Re: Editable Macros

Post by Tahsmo »

bmowder wrote:Editable Macros.

Willing to pay.

me too
tvienti

Post by tvienti »

/signed
klangenfarben

TextPad macro editor

Post by klangenfarben »

Re-iterating my agitation for the TextPad project manageer to do the right thing and give the people what they want.
tcg

Post by tcg »

editable macros - what a dream! Forget all those work-arounds - it would make macros a lot more useful. I could simply adapt them rather than re-recoding, etc.
tfernand2009

how about a reverse compiler for the .tpm files

Post by tfernand2009 »

if the textpad project management is not up to as yet in supporting full macro editor, can it support a reverse compiler of some sort showing the relevant sequence for a certain .tpm file?
right now, i have to go through a tedious process of documenting in a separate text file the contents/steps for the macro(s).
johnt0244

There are macro editors in other editors

Post by johnt0244 »

I guess I'll chime in here about editable macros. I too like TextPad but it is lacking a few features. I find myself using Ultraedit 32 more mainly because it DOES have editable macros AND A SCRIPTING tool. I use both of these a lot. UE32 embeds a Javascript engine so it's standard.

In TextPad, I can't even find a simple macro delete capability.

As I said I think TP has the mest interface and I do like it but it's too rudimentery for me. I keep coming back from time to time to see what has been added but it never really changes.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

I have been asking for macro editing for too many years to document. I was involved with a group of other users where we tried to develop a reverse compiler with no luck. I use Macro Scheduler ( www.mjtnet.com ) for all my macro needs including TextPad. I use it daily and cannot work without it.

But the reason I replied here today was to respond to this for johnt0244:
In TextPad, I can't even find a simple macro delete capability.
Just go to Configure/Preferences/Macros, highlight the macro and click on the Delete button.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
johnt0244

Post by johnt0244 »

Thanks, Bob. That works for deleting a macro but not a very intuitive way to do it. Oh, well.

I looked at Macro Scheduler. It's right pricy for me. But thanks,

John
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

Ryck

Post by Ryck »

takeos wrote:I just felt like adding my voice here, as I too would badly need to create something like a macro, just to aggregate multiple search and replace operations. I purchased both TextPad and WildEdit, and none has a simple way to performe a list of multiple search & replace operations.

I don't need a macro editor. Very simply, the saved macros should be in plain text, not in binary format. I don't mind whether that's INI, XML, or whatever, as long as the search and replace operation can be edited, copied and pasted within the macro.

How much would it take to save as text rather than in binary format? One hour of work?
True that.

I use Macro Express. A really nifty software by Insight Software ( http://www.macros.com ) which allows you to program your keyboard, mouse, anything, even the PC to do repetative tasks. Even some that is quite advanced if you take the time to get into the language.

Who cares what the binary is to their macro file? Not only is their macros editable and debug-able, these people allows you to save their macro programming language file in a couple of text layouts you can load into a text editor like Textpad. And it can read it back in! How nice is that???

Helios, take notice!

While not the perfect solution, I've trained a few macros in Macro Express to drive Textpad the way I need to. It's a pain but it gets the job done until someone in Helios gets around to doing this.
Cad Man

Post by Cad Man »

Okay its looks like its been more than half a year since the subject was last aired, so I'll throw in my two pennyworth to see if Helios is still there :wink:

Its high time that Helios intoduced a macro editing capability into TextPad.

Respond to users requests and bring TextPad into 2o1o.

Happy New Year
You can only take out what you put in.
paleolith

Post by paleolith »

Cad Man wrote:bring TextPad into 2o1o.Happy New Year
Heck, bring TextPad into 1980. :D

Edward
jhd

Post by jhd »

And another one!

I'd be only too happy (delirious even) to regard the addition of Editable Macros as a major release upgrade, and therefore to pay the full whack again.

Please, Mr. Helios, don't make me go & buy Ultr?Edit, or some such - I've been a (registered) user since 2004.