Window minimization icon ghosted out

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

sz325

Window minimization icon ghosted out

Post by sz325 »

I do not use the tabbed windows display, I float the windows. However, the minimize button is ghosted out when you do this. It is a pain having to move these windows around constantly. I would like to see the minimize button made active.

Thanks.
stabby

Post by stabby »

DITTO
webmasta

Post by webmasta »

Textpad ?
Float windows ?
How do I/you do that ?

:o
brookh

Mniimize command not enabled for MDI child windows in v5.x

Post by brookh »

I am also frustrated that the minimize box is grayed/disabled for MDI windows in TextPad 5. The main reason I needed this functionality was to be able to tile/arrange a subset of open windows by minimizing the ones I did not want displayed.

But after searching the forums, I found a couple posts of interest:
  1. In "General / how to minimize document windows in MDI mode with TP v5 ??":
    bbadmin wrote:The facility to minimize document windows in MDI mode has not been implemented in TextPad 5.
    It has still not been implemented in v5.1.0, and I did not see any posts in the forums stating definitively whether or not it ever would be.
  2. In "General / Minimize all windows":
    Dave Stillman wrote:Open your document selector (hit F11). Select all the files you want to tile using Ctrl-Click. Then tile vertically or horizontally. Textpad will only tile the files you selected...
So, the work around is (a) disable document tabs, and (b) use the document selector (which is not too intrusive if you enable the "auto-hide" option). This is not very intuitive, and not formally documented anywhere that I can see.

I would still like to see the minimize window command implemented for MDI child windows, but in the meantime, there is an effective workaround.