5.0.2 feedback

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Mike McTernan

5.0.2 feedback

Post by Mike McTernan »

Hi,

I've upgraded to 5.0.2 from 4.7.3 and been using it for a while.

I like the dockable tool output window, for tools with little output this is great.

But I don't always like this output window for "Find in File" searches as it becomes difficult to scan large result sets quickly. "Find in File" searches should provide the option to place results in a normal document by default, like the old behaviour.

The sub-menu for "External Tools" is also a waste of a click to run a command. The previous format of listing the tools directly on the "Tools" menu was much better, and would be nice to have as an option.

Finally I use "Alt+F, S" to save documents regularly. If the document has not been recently changed, this now leaves the save menu hanging, unlike in the older versions. Ideally you should be able to re-save a file in this way to 'touch' it.

Cheers,

Mike
ket000

Post by ket000 »

I support the enhancements suggestions. There should be user preference to display External Tools Submenu or see it like the old way. I would also like to revert to old behavior of displaying the output in the main document window. This should be configurable for each tool menu item.
dougcrews

I prefer the old "external tools output" behavior

Post by dougcrews »

I'd also like to have the option to revert to having external tools output in the main document window.