Closing a document by middle-clicking the tab

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Do you want to close a document by middle-clicking the tab?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 18

loz

Closing a document by middle-clicking the tab

Post by loz »

I really would like to be able to close documents by middle clicking the tab (=clicking with the middle button/wheel of the mouse).

This is a standard behaviour in a lot of applications (Visual Studio 2005, Internet Explorer 7, Firefox etc.)
macouno

Post by macouno »

I really personally don't care either way... but I don't see how it could hurt any.

I definitely agree with this post (and the one about the x in the tab) that being able to close a tab without selecting it is a really good idea.
Ricky28269

Post by Ricky28269 »

YES!
This is the ONE thing that bugs me about TextPad. As of the latest version, I love the document browser, it is very useful to me, and I use the syntax highlighting and macro features of TextPad extensively, but I continually wish I could just middle-click the tab, instead of going over to the tiny X in the corner, or pressing Ctrl+F4 (function keys are hard to locate and press).

I'm sure this is as easy as setting a click event handler to the tab or something, so please implement this!
market

Post by market »

There was similar functionality in 4.7 and below, and it disappeared in 5.0. The functionality made navigation a lot easier that what we have now.
RBBOT

Post by RBBOT »

Please don't implement this unless there is an option to disable it. I have an HP laptop with three equal-sized buttons below the touchpad and I've lost count of the number of times I hit middle instead of left in firefox and accidentally kill a tab I'm trying to switch to.

For me, no feature could be more annoying.
market

Post by market »

All that I was asking for is the restoration of the functionality that was in previous versions. A maintenance release fixed this issue.