Make "stay on top" easier

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

rashford

Make "stay on top" easier

Post by rashford »

I use TextPad every day of my working life, and the one thing that niggles me is that I can't just click a button to turn "stay on top" on and off. I need to do it quite often, and it's just too inconvenient to have to delve into the "Configure/Preferences..." area each time.

Other than that, TextPad pretty well gives me everything I want from a text editor.
Roger Ashford
bveldkamp

Post by bveldkamp »

It's also in the "system" menu. Press Alt+Space then T.
rashford

Post by rashford »

Thanks, Berend. I notice it's in the Help - that will teach me to RTFM!
Roger Ashford
geewizz7

Always on top

Post by geewizz7 »

To be honest, I would consider that this feature should be a windows feature. In KDE, I have configured an 'always on top' button alongside maximize and minimize. It's a shame that MS hasn't implemented it as a front end feature (though it is already written in their API's).
Helios may want to hold out and see if it becomes a feature in future versions of windows instead of implementing menus that call windows API's to do this. This type of implementation breaks windows consistency across applications in my opinion.
Needless to say it's a very useful feature, and I'm glad textpad at least has it - but they have more important things to work on.