A internal Secondary ClipBoard...

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Jensa

A internal Secondary ClipBoard...

Post by Jensa »

A simple and very usefull functionality that i have use as a macro assigned to a hotkey i MS VC++ for years now.
It would be nice to have hotkeys CTRL+SHIFT+C, CTRL+SHIFT+X and CTRL+SHIFT+V for that!
Or maybe some "Past from Clipboard History" hotkeys, like CTRL+1+V, CTRL+2+V, CTRL+3+V....
I Steal Toast

Post by I Steal Toast »

I have to agree on Paste from Clipboard History keys, but a whole separate clipboard seems like overkill.
I stole your toast.
geewizz7

Draw the line

Post by geewizz7 »

I mentioned in another thread that 'always on top' should be a windows function (the API is already there) - and not an application specific one. The same applies to clipboard history.
Windows clipboard is very weak in my opinion. A clipboard history would be extremely useful.
In KDE, the clipboard stores it's history, and users can go back to any item by clicking on the clipboard in the system tray. I use this feature a lot.
While clipboard history is important, Helios should (like many other app designers) be asking Microsoft to implement it. Putting an internal clipboard into an application breaks consistency with other applications.