Change font size button on toolbar

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

Would you like to see this implimented in the next upgrade?

Yes
47%
Doesnt matter to me
7%
Wouldnt hurt to have the feature
13%
Not interested
13%
No
20%

Total votes: 15

webmasta

Change font size button on toolbar

Post by webmasta »

How about a button on the main toolbar to temporarily change the font size up/down?

Consider this scenario, in my production environment I run minimum 2 monitors hooked to one computer. In case you're wondering, this is achieved by either having 2 video cards or one dual card in the same machine which essentially extends your desktop across 2 monitors. If you have 2 dual cards and enough memory, you can hook 4 monitors. You will only have one taskbar on whichever is the default monitor.

This enables the mouse to travel across all monitors, various open applications can be sitting on different monitors and dragged from one to the other.

In my setup I have my default monitor set to 800 (eyes are not what they used to be) and the auxilarry monitor set go 1024. This allows me to work with TP in the 800 screen and have other windows or browsers open on the other screen as I am testing results etc.

Sometimes I find it necessary to temporarily pull TP across to the 1024 screen for various reasons, of course when this happens I have to go into my document class and choose a higher font size (darn eyes again).

Notepad+ was my first editor before graduating to TP http://www.mypeecee.org/rogsoft/
This features the font size button on the toolbar, I still use it a lot to do minor stuff and find the font size button a big plus especially when dealing with flatfile databases and confusing spagetti code.

TP rocks anyway.
jhmagnus

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by jhmagnus »

As I mentioned in http://textpad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4357, I would also like to have this functionality implemented, and I would like to have the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Num+ and Ctrl+Num- assigned to enlarge/reduce, as in Mozilla.