You must be logged in to post messages in this forum

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

bbadmin
Site Admin

You must be logged in to post messages in this forum

Post by bbadmin »

If you have not already registered to use these forums, click on Register to create an online ID.

Please do not post questions here.
jeffy

Poll!

Post by jeffy »

When posting your idea to this forum, consider putting a poll along with your message. This generic question should be good:

How important is it to you, to have this feature implemented into future versions of TextPad?
--- Important, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad increases/degrades
--- Somewhat important
--- I'm okay either way
--- Somewhat unimportant
--- Unimportant, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad remains unaffected

This will help gague the general feelings on priority of interests.

Thanks! :' )
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Is there a way that you can automatically include these poll questions with all entries into this Forum? It is a bother to have to reenter the same questions for each entry.

Thanks for listening.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
jeffy

Agreed

Post by jeffy »

Bob Hansen wrote:Is there a way that you can automatically include these poll questions with all entries into this Forum? It is a bother to have to reenter the same questions for each entry.
Not familiar with this bulletin board--does someone know if it is possible to pre-fill out a poll with this bulletin board? How? Regardless, I just sent this to support@textpad.com:

---
---
---

Hello, all. I hope things are going well for you and yours.

First of all, thanks so much for the additional forums. Very helpful and exciting.

The poll that I suggested in the "enhancement" forums seems to be quite successful--I'm thrilled about it, actually--and it should give everyone a better feeling for what's desired and not desired. However, it is tedious to have to enter it in every time.

Is it possible to have the "poll" form, only within the "enhancement" forum, be automatically filled out with this...?

----------------------------------------------
How important is it to you, to have this feature implemented into future versions of TextPad?
- Important, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad increases/degrades
- Somewhat important
- I'm okay either way
- Somewhat unimportant
- Unimportant, even if the size/efficiency of TextPad remains unaffected
----------------------------------------------

(Ignore the dashes)

The user could delete the poll if they wanted, but it'll be there by default.

I'm currently working on a Java program to cull all these enhancement polls (download the individual pages and analyze the votes), and post them in summary form, to show the relative/ranked interest for each. It'd be much easier to do if the polls were standardized, as I suggested above.

Thanks for considering! :' )
jeffy

Post by jeffy »

I am sorry it is inconvenient to add a poll each time. I'm currently researching how to automatically have the poll form filled out for you. It is not a trivial task. Any PHP/phpbb people out there willing to chip in?

I am currently working on an application to analyze all enhancement request polls, and will post a summary of the relative rankings for every suggestion in this form, on a periodic basis. It will also provide a history of this summary.

If you want your enhancement suggestion to take part in this summary analysis, ensure that it *has* a poll, and that it follows this standard:

Code: Select all

A question asking, basically, "how much do you want this feature implemented in future versions of TextPad?"
     ( ) Vote representing most severe interest
     ( ) Vote representing significant interest
     ( ) Vote representing "no strong feelings"
     ( ) Vote representing significant disinterest
     ( ) Vote representing most severe disinterest
There must be five options, ordered top to bottom, from most to least interest. Any posts not following these rules will have to be excluded. Sorry.

Again, thanks for the effort in providing this poll in your posting! It is a great tool to giving everyone--especially Helios' developers!--a good idea of what TextPad users really want.

:)