one html file looks different from the rest

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

WayneCa

one html file looks different from the rest

Post by WayneCa »

I have run into something of an enigma. One html file looks different from all of the rest, not just in one group, but compared to every other html file I have. And I don't know why. I don't have two different html classes. I don't have two different html.syn files. Note the difference in font size as well as the difference in attribute color. Also, note the !DOCTYPE tag. It is white instead of blue, which does happen at times. I don't know what causes that either.

Does anyone know why this is happening?

This is what all of the other html files look like:

This is what that one file looks like:

Here are my color settings. Note that keywords 3 is an orange color, but darker than what is showing up in the file and the attributes are supposed to be keywords 4, not keywords 3.
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Care to upload both HTML files and your syntax file, speak: all 3 files in one archive? And state which version you use? It would be a great way to at least have a chance to reproduce this issue.

There are countless file hosters out there: use https://filehorst.de/ when the file should never vanish and you can sense what each action means without actually needing to understand German. Or use https://clicknupload.to/ where uploads will vanish after a while when nobody downloads them (anymore).

Or use your own webspace, of course. :)
WayneCa

Post by WayneCa »

AmigoJack wrote:Care to upload both HTML files and your syntax file, speak: all 3 files in one archive? And state which version you use? It would be a great way to at least have a chance to reproduce this issue.
I will do that. The version of TextPad I'm using is 8.12.0 (64-bit edition). I noticed that 8.13.0 is out, but I saw a post from someone who reported an issue I don't want to have happen to me, so I am waiting until I see that's been fixed before I update my copy.

I will put the archive on my site and provide the link here. Also, the !DOCTYPE issue has been happening here and there since I think it was version 8.9 (when I first noticed it).

Edit: I copied the two files that I used in my post so I could archive them, and then looked at them in TextPad and both of them are displayed correctly. I wonder if the issue has something to do with the workspace file? I just tried deleting the file from the workspace and then adding it back in, and that fixed the issue. Also, while the !DOCTYPE tag is now blue, there are still cases where it is white instead, so that issue is not fixed.
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

If you change the properties of an individual document in a workspace, those properties are saved in that workspace. As you have discovered, it reverts to the class defaults after closing and reopening the document.