Clear search results output panel before each new search

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

vdawg

Clear search results output panel before each new search

Post by vdawg »

I would like to see an option to have the search results output window cleared automatically before each new search.
MudGuard

Post by MudGuard »

for the moment - the search result window is by default read only.

Double click on the "Read" field in the status bar, then you can edit (i.e. remove previous search results).

Double click on the "Read" again to make it read only again.
(it needs to be readonly for the context menu items "Open all",... to appear)

(I know that this is not what you really want, but it is a way to remove disturbing search results without repeating the search after a "Clear all")
vdawg

Post by vdawg »

Another way that this could be accomplished would be to have macro commands that expose the "clear search output window" (and clear tool
output window for that matter) as well as one that simply opens the Find dialog.

The second one (open the Find dialog) would also help me with the other suggestion I posted here earlier: The ability to have a Find window that opens with the word under the cursor in the search term field by default (without having to manually select it). We already have access to the SelectWord macro command, but no way to launch the Find window and leave it open from a macro. Adding such a command would help me achieve both of these features through the use of macros.