Save as ... standard

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

haeb

Save as ... standard

Post by haeb »

Open TP8 (german), save a new document. The preset document name is document1.txt even when file type was set to e.g. *.php previously. It should be document1.php.

Another problem is, the setting of character set. It does not show the preset of the file type, it shows always 'Standard'. But a even bigger problem ist, it does not save as preset for the filetype. So i have to change the character set to utf-8, when saving *.php. When saving a *.php file without changing file type from standard to utf-8 the file will be saved as ANSI.

regards
Horst
Johnnycool18

Default file always saved as *.txt

Post by Johnnycool18 »

I know the previous post was in February... But how have more people not complained about this "feature"? It does not only apply to TP8. I work with plain text files in PC/ANSI all the time. Textpad is ALWAYS saving the file with the .txt extension. This drives me nuts. It adds the extra step of renaming the file after I am done editing. If anyone has a solution, please tell me. I have created a new Document Class, but that did not work. Is there another way?

EDIT: And I feel like an Idiot. I was reading through more of the forums... I found a reference to the Configure->File->Default file extension. I cannot believe that I have not ever found that in the last 10 years or so.
Ryck

Re: Default file always saved as *.txt

Post by Ryck »

Johnnycool18 wrote:
EDIT: And I feel like an Idiot. I was reading through more of the forums... I found a reference to the Configure->File->Default file extension. I cannot believe that I have not ever found that in the last 10 years or so.
Me too. Good to know. :)