color and syntax defintion go away on Opening

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jeminal

color and syntax defintion go away on Opening

Post by jeminal »

I used a syntax definition file for the downloads section .. I created the new definition and the every thing looks good. colors are there. When I close and reopen any .cs file the colors are gone and I must reapply the syntax under View _ Document Properties... re-pick my syntax and its OK until I close and reopen .. and it repeats again... tried with several syntax files.. same issue. On reopen of serverak different text files with .cs -- the process is SAME.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

When making configuration changes I find it best to follow these steps, especially for any changes in Classes:

1. Close all other copies of TextPad.
2. Close all open documents, INCLUDING THE DEFAULT NEW BLANK DOCUMENT.
3. Make the changes you want: Configure/Preferences/......
4. Apply and OK your way out the configurations.
5. Close TextPad.
6. Open TextPad again, and your changes should be good.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob
jeminal

Post by jeminal »

I have already followed these instructions exactly. before and after the reply. The syntax show up under Conf /Pref when u open a new text pad but any file with the .cs extension will not have the color or have the definition under the Doc Prop ..u have to reapply to get it to recognize both the syntax and the color .. then u close a still the D##m same.
Bob Hansen

Post by Bob Hansen »

Sorry for asking about the obvious, but, I see that you updated the syntax file, but did you make a cs class and assign the syntax file to that class? Did you set the colors for that class? Important that you are working at the class level and not at the default for any documents.
Hope this was helpful.............good luck,
Bob