Save/Save-As Folder List "Jump to" Help/Request

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

mx4789

Save/Save-As Folder List "Jump to" Help/Request

Post by mx4789 »

Version 9.3.1

When saving a file to a folder that contains lots of subfolders... in the past I could enter a couple of characters of the subfolder name and it would jump down the folder list to that portion. Now it only recognizes the first character. Is this something I can change? If not, is this something y'all can change?

Folders with sequential numbers expressly. (Haven't tried alphabetically.)

Example attached... (FYI in the screenshot I've already scrolled down to the folder beginning with 1028-xxx)

In the past if I've wanted to jump down to the folder beginning with 1200-xxx I would simply type "1200" quickly. Now it only recognizes the "1" no matter how fast or slow I type. If I enter "2" it'll jump down the the folders beginning with 2000-xxx, but entering "2115" will not get me any farther.

Any help would be appreciated. Not a deal-killer, but certainly annoying.

Screenshot 2023-12-15 093926.png
Screenshot 2023-12-15 093926.png (108.14 KiB) Viewed 1818 times
AmigoJack

Re: Save/Save-As Folder List "Jump to" Help/Request

Post by AmigoJack »

Most likely the same culprit as in Ctrl-A to Open Multiple Files:
AmigoJack wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:49 pmTry avoiding the themed dialog, because 9.x doesn't use Windows' native GUI anymore and as a result the 3rd party GUI provider hasn't fully imitated every aspect.
Since the open/save dialog isn't Windows native anymore, the 3rd party GUI provider has surely not imitated every aspect. With native Windows controls you can achieve this what you expected (most popular example: the Explorer itself with its file list - the open/save dialogs are more or less only Explorer lists themselves).

Alternatively: don't have the focus in the file list, but instead put the focus to the filename edit and start typing your folder name of interest there - chances are it also starts auto complete suggestions, and that should lead you halfway to the same goal you wanted.
mx4789

Re: Save/Save-As Folder List "Jump to" Help/Request

Post by mx4789 »

That was it! The themed dialogue setting was the culprit. Now it works as expected. Many thanks, I don't think I would have figured that out on my own.