Context Menu - Open with TextPad Missing - Other Issues

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

KellyCraven

Context Menu - Open with TextPad Missing - Other Issues

Post by KellyCraven »

When Context Menu is enabled in preferences it adds a right-click item to the popup menu labeled "Open with TextPad"

"TextPad" (no version number) also shows up in the "Open with" Drop Down menu item that contains a few other apps that support txt file editing (Notepad, TextEdit, WordPad on most of my machines).

All machines except one adds the "Open with TextPad" item to the context menu as expected. This one machine does not.

This one machine also shows TextPad 8 and TextPad 9 in the Send to Menu with the version numbers. This machine in an update from 8 to 9. The context menu item didn't work in TextPad 8 either. Upgrading to 9 didn't fix it.

What's the best way to fully uninstall and clean out any lingering registry stuff that might be gumming up the innards of the TextPad install? Will simply uninstalling TextPad 9 be sufficient to clear out these entries? Only TextPad 9.3 is showing in the Apps & Features List. (Uninstall 9, reinsall 8, uninstall 8, reinstall 9..... what else?)

TextPad 8 and a new TextPad folder and TextPad (no version) are showing in the Start Menu, TextPad 8 is pinned to the Start Menu and there's an empty icon to TextPad 8 on the Taskbar.

Maybe the TextPad 8 setup was funky and the Upgrade to TextPad 9 didn't handle it well. Yes, I know this is potentially multiple issues here.

I'm on Windows 10.

THANKS!