Gone, but not forgotten

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ACRobin

Gone, but not forgotten

Post by ACRobin »

I could swear that in TP when you hit the "home" key you would go to the start of a line.
To my knowledge it worked in two ways, pressed once it took you to the start of text on a line (so if indented then to the start of the indented text), pressed twice it would take you to the very start of the line (at the margin) - pressed again and it would toggle between the two "start" locations".
<< found my problem, had "word wrap" on - but would be nice to work regardless of "word wrap">>

Also - me not being a master of regex. I miss the way I could use find/replace to insert tab and new line characters; I used to(for example):
Search for every "H" and replace with "H\n" with the regular expression box ticked, so
"HelloHWorld" would become
"H"
"elloH"
"World" - is there a way I can still do this?
ben_josephs

Post by ben_josephs »

What is the problem with your regex replacement? It should work exactly as it did before.
ACRobin

Post by ACRobin »

I must be going crazy or something , but when I did the find replace it said "invalid Regex", just tried it now on my home machine and it does work as before.

Do not know what is going on, both machines have same version, home and work; I will copy my preferences from my home machine to work and try again.

I have definitely tried it several times on different occasion at work and it has given me the error.

Sorry if wasting time, will try again - thank you for your response.
ACRobin

Post by ACRobin »

Tried at work and ok - so can delete this thread of posts.

My brain or lack of, sorry.
ionFreeman

Set Microsoft Compatibility for your keyboard

Post by ionFreeman »

Configure/Preferences/Editor/Keystroke compatibility

By default it's something unexpected, which may do strange things to the home key.