How about posting a VOTING LIST for New Features?

Ideas for new features

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

ds0934

How about posting a VOTING LIST for New Features?

Post by ds0934 »

Rather than sifting through hundreds of enhancement requests, it would be nice to see a prioritized "Top 10" or "Top 20" (etc.) to vote on. It doesn't look like much hash been done with respect to new features in a while, mostly bug fixes, so maybe this could help Helios focus on the most-requested suggestions. If there is such a list, please point me to it?

Dave
Kiwi6469

Absolutely

Post by Kiwi6469 »

Yes!

Of course Helios might actually have to start listening to their user community, who've be crying out for Unicode support (or at least preservation) for nearly a decade.

I for one would happily pay an upgrade fee for major releases that actually added the things I need most, like, in order:

- Unicode
- Editable Macros
- Open-document Grouping
- No more crashing
- Immediate save of config and propagation to other open instances
- Hierarchical config, or at least one set of defaults and case-by-case overrides by class, with easy ability to revert a particular setting to using the default again (currently I close all TextPad's and edit the config file manually, ironically, with TextPad).

But I've watched Helios work now for over a decade and a half, and I think I can safely say it ain't going to happen.

Just my two cents.