portable wizard bug - cannot select 'next'

General questions about using TextPad

Moderators: AmigoJack, helios, bbadmin, Bob Hansen, MudGuard

jrbrown00

portable wizard bug - cannot select 'next'

Post by jrbrown00 »

On the page where the source folders are specified, all three entries are filled in with the folders for the license, configuration files, and installation.

The next button is still greyed out.

I specified these as the folders where I want to keep all of this information and they already exist.

How do I get around this problem?
miked

Post by miked »

Works fine for me.

It makes no difference to the next button if I change either of the lower two boxes to point to different directories (although obvioustly the tool isn't going to work then) but if I alter the path to the licence key the next button is then greyed out.

Are you sure you have a TextPadKey.xml file at the path specified in the upper box?
bbadmin
Site Admin

Post by bbadmin »

The Next button is grayed out if you haven't purchased a license for TextPad, or if any of the specified folders do not exist.
jrbrown00

Post by jrbrown00 »

I just upgraded from version 5.3.1 to version 6.0 and I installed textpad in my portable apps folder.

The three files specified are correct for:
1) the license key (yes, I have one
2) the configuration folder (yes, config.xml is here, same folder as license key)
3) the folder where I installed textpad (not the same folder as license key and installation

Folders

1) c:\Users\jbrown\d\df\d0\config\textpad
2) c:\Users\jbrown\d\df\d0\config\textpad
3) C:\users\JBrown\d\df\d1\apps\TextPad
diek

Where is the Portable Wizard

Post by diek »

I seem like I am missing something, I cannot figure out "New Wizard to copy the TextPad installation and configuration files to portable media." Please point me to the this wizard. Please note I have posted this in the forums and no luck.

Thank you,

Derrick
ak47wong

Re: Where is the Portable Wizard

Post by ak47wong »

diek wrote:I seem like I am missing something, I cannot figure out "New Wizard to copy the TextPad installation and configuration files to portable media." Please point me to the this wizard.
It's a separate Windows program. To run it, click Start > All Programs > TextPad > Portable Wizard.
diek

That was an ID 10 T problem on my part

Post by diek »

ak47wong,
Thanks I feel a bit dumb.

diek
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

Don't feel dumb; there was never any documentation about this feature!
diek

Worked Perfectly

Post by diek »

Yes, I agree. I searched the Textpad help to no avail. So it is installed and works perfect.

diek